Founded in 1970, Harrells Christian Academy is the region’s only college preparatory school. Our integrated, rigorous K-12 curriculum combines with competitive team sports and multiple extracurricular offerings to enable graduates to confidently apply for admission to the college or university that will best help them realize their career goals.
At the same time, HCA is a fully committed Christian school. Students are exposed on a daily basis to strong Biblical instruction, communal worship and prayer, and individual mentoring by a mature Christian faculty. At Harrells Christian Academy, students’ minds, hearts, bodies, and souls are all invited to grow to their God-given potential. This growth happens when dedicated teachers, staff, and families work as a team to challenge, nurture, and engage every young person in the school. Some highlights of our academic program:
- At all age levels, students are offered significant off-campus learning experiences at places like historic Charleston, SC; Washington, DC; the North Carolina coastal waterways, New York, NY; Costa Rica, and this year, South Africa. Many of these trips combine academic learning with service and missions.
- HCA’s new STEAM Lab introduces young students to the principles and tools that underlie science, technology, engineering, art, and math through hands-on lessons in 3D printing, coding, robotics, and more.
- Individualized college counseling begins in the 9th grade for every student and family.
- HCA offers classes in agriculture, a competitive FFA club, and a fully outfitted greenhouse that produces student-grown flowers and vegetables.
- Students as young as kindergarten learn to lead worship in HCA’s 400-seat auditorium.
Harrells Christian Academy is dually accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. HCA also enjoys membership in the North Carolina Association of Independent Schools and the North Carolina Independent School Athletic Association.